Are you keeping track of your vehicle’s recommended maintenance?
All automotive manufacturers require regularly scheduled maintenance to keep your warranty valid, your vehicle safe, and to extend the life of your vehicle. Details about your vehicle's regularly scheduled maintenance are available in your vehicle's owner's manual.
Let Tuffy track your maintenance records.
Tuffy has instant access to the data base of scheduled maintenance for all automotive manufacturers including Ford, GM Chrysler, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Hyundai, and more. If your glove box ate your owner's manual, we'll print a copy of your vehicle's recommended maintenance schedule for you. Tuffy will also keep a record of all inspections and work performed on your vehicle.
What are my recommended maintenance mileage intervals?
Your vehicle's recommended maintenance schedule breaks down the necessary maintenance for you by mileage intervals. While these schedules vary slightly from one manufacturer to the other, they're all designed to keep your vehicle in a safe working condition. And while today’s automobiles often last for 150,000 miles or more, it is a common misconception that they need “less” maintenance. By design, it is the periodic maintenance, designed wear and replacement of predetermined components that allow the vehicle to operate as long as it does.
3,000 Mile Intervals
- Oil Changes
- Inspect all fluid levels, belts, hoses, filters, and tire pressure
- Lubricate and inspect front suspension, drive line, etc.
12,000 – 15,000 Mile Intervals
(Add the following to the 3,000 mile interval)
- Balance and Rotate Wheels
- Brake Inspection – front, rear, and parking
- Inspect Exhaust System for leaks and damage
- Check four-wheel alignment
30,000 Mile Intervals
(Add the following to the 12,000 Mile intervals)
- Replace PCV valve
- Replace air cleaner and PCV filter
- Replace or adjust spark plugs
- Replace fuel filter
- Perform transmission fluid service
- Perform fuel system service
- Perform cooling system flush and service
- Inspect EGR System
- Inspect wires and connectors
- Check engine timing
- Inspect fuel tank cap and lines
The key to trouble free ownership and use of your favorite car or truck is adherence to the routine maintenance schedule established by the manufacturer of your vehicle. Ask for your free guide today!